SIMLOX – a Shortcut to Performance
Using SIMLOX – one of the software tools in Opus Suite – you can ensure the required performance for your technical systems. With realistic simulations of operation and maintenance, you can customise your solution for maximum availability and capability. You can anticipate potential problems and test possible measures to prevent them. SIMLOX gives you complete and reliable decision support when designing the logistic support solution and dimensioning its resources to ensure that the planned operations can be accomplished.
With SIMLOX you get fast answers to performance related questions such as:
- Do I have enough systems to handle the planned operations?
- How will systems availability vary over time?
- What is the expected total downtime for a particular period, and which are the causes?
- Can we handle peak loads in the systems utilisation?
- What is the probability that we will accomplish a certain scenario?
You also get invaluable support in the design and analysis of support solutions and resources, for instance:
- How many repair shops do we need?
- What maintenance personnel is required and when should they be available?
- How well can we handle different scenarios with a given spare parts assortment? (e.g. using OPUS10)
- What maintenance equipment will we need?
- What are the bottlenecks of the support solution?
- What level of resource utilisation can we expect?
… and many other related questions, for example:
- How will proposed cost saving measures impact performance?
- How do we handle endurance scenarios when the supply chain is disrupted during a certain period?
- Can we handle different types of disturbances?
- How much will performance improve if transport times are reduced by 30%?
- How is systems availability affected if the fault rate increases by 50%?
- How is my solution impacted by cannibalisation, damages during assignment, lateral support, etc.?
Leading organisations and companies worldwide use SIMLOX for this type of analyses and decisions. Primarily in the defence, transportation and energy sectors, but also in other areas.
The SIMLOX model consists of tables that can be used in a flexible way, depending on for example complexity and desired level of detail, to describe a scenario. A “model view” gives the user overview and support when building the model, with a graphic representation of the product structure, the logistics support solution organisation and the desired operations profile.
The versatile SIMLOX Results View offers a number of different graphs and perspectives. Curves and bar graphs show how availability, utilization, consumption and success rate develop over time. You can choose whether to see results for the entire organisation or look more closely at certain systems, locations or resources.
SIMLOX features a Game View where you can follow the simulation process in detail. In the Game View, you can step gradually forward or backward in the simulation, or run it in slow motion to study the development in detail. The Game View is very useful when verifying that a modeled scenario works as planned, or when you wish to describe and explain a scenario to someone else.
The Report Generator
The Report Generator provides reports that can be customised to show the results that are of interest. There is a great number of result tables and fields to choose from. Reports are easily exported to MS Excel or external databases and ERP systems.